Implementation of 2017 classification system
Example from the literature BDJ
From the literature….
- 37-year-old female
- Gums bleeding while eating food
- 12-month history of symptoms, getting works
- Good systemic health
- Family history of periodontitis and tooth loss
- Oral hygiene is adequate
Questions to ponder
- What is the most likely diagnosis in this case according to the new classification (2017)?
- Please explain rationale for your diagnosis.
- Identify risk factors for the patient’s periodontal condition/s.
- Outline your full treatment plan for the patient.