From the practice….
- 54 years old female, nurse
- Gum bleeding, recurrent swelling and suppuration associated with 24
- Diabetes mellitus controlled with medication, latest HbA1c<7%
- Allergic to penicillin
- No family history of periodontal diseases
Questions to ponder
- What is the full periodontal diagnosis according to the latest classification from 2017 ?
- What may be the problem associated with tooth 24?
- Discuss treatment plan for the case.
- Is there anything else you would like to discuss with the patient?